Friday, December 28, 2012

We wish you a Merry Christmas…

    And a Happy New Year! I was doing considerably better with blogging then fell off the blog band-wagon with preparing for Christmas, which was lovely! We got to visit the real farm, see the family, enjoy a snowy white Christmas, & share our good news in person! This momma proved she could still milk & pitch hay, and the kids begged, to no avail, for a calf. There's nowhere to hide keep a calf in the suburbs. Sarah & I went to a Holstein herd dispersal today in Hanover, for fun, and we found some lovely cows that we could not bring home. Sad to see yet another farm go out though.

Yes, I did take pictures of our trip. No, I am not trying to upload them tonight! Tomorrow it's back to the real world & a long day awaits. Santa brought me an espresso machine for Christmas (expresso, if you ask more than one of my dc…), so I can go fortified with caffeine, without paying Starbuck's prices. I have uploaded the family Christmas card (the ones I rarely get sent, yes, I know, *ducks* b/c this year's are still not sent) picture. Ellie dog conveniently popped into the picture precisely as I snapped it. Cool effect for a total accident.

We'll see when it posts if it's ginormous or not. ;-)


 

    In other news, we completed Round 1 of 3 in our home study & am slowly gathering the last of the paperwork for that aspect. Looks like we'll be wrapping that part up by Feb. 1. Hard to believe how soon that really is! HS behind us, we can move on to other mind numbing important paper filling/gathering/apostilling activities. ^_^ The documents mentioned in the last post DID arrive, safe and sound, and considerably faster than I though. Go DHL! Short week, travel, and sundry details kicking in, I haven't TOUCHED any forms this week (Sorry Meg!) but we did have some fun working on what will be the girls' (plural, so cool to say) room. We'd gotten a bed which is looking to be increasingly ideal, as it's fairly high (easy for transfers) and has under bed drawers & storage (ideal for both supplies…and stuff we need but lack a better home for!) It also looks like we are also being blessed with a specialty pediatric wheelchair from another adoptive family in the Midwest. It's should be the perfect size for Princess P. to begin with. D. THANK-YOU SO MUCH!!!

    Well, it's 10:20, and past my bed time! I hope that each of you had a bless Christmas. I pray each of you truly felt the presence of Jesus, and the magnitude of His birth this season, and that we will all grow in Him this upcoming year. From our home to yours, have a safe, blessed New Year!

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
John 3:16

~Maureen & Family

    

3 comments:

Debbie Fitts said...

Espresso??? I'll be right over. ;)

Glad to hear from you, look forward to your pics!

Nikki said...

Merry Christmas! Best of luck with your adoption journey in the new year.

Nikki
www.madebynikki.blogspot.com - Get your blog designed and support children in need around the world!

Unknown said...

You know you're welcome, Debbie!!!

Nikki, thank you very much!