Thursday, February 21, 2013

More milestones :D

Today we received word that our Hague oversight is completed! This is the final hurdle to complete our home study & will allow us to file our I-800a as soon as I have a hard copy in hand-should be this up comming week. My February 1 goal came & went, but March 1 is still more than do-able! I have all the forms and what-not for the I-800a, but am not entirely sure how to present it. Sort of want to stick it in some sort of binder, but I don't know as that would be helpful or not. I am open to suggestions on this one, lol!

I also (just now, like 5 minutes ago) wrapped up all of our education for the adoption. Both sets (long story....) But it's DONE!!!!! Hooray, hooray! My regular computer croaked, so I have been working on my very old, very cranky, likes to die rather than open PDF's desk top. That made the course work loads of fun ^_^ Upon the third or so crash in an hour, in between emails gone MIA, and other disasters inherent to the process, Mr. P., who seems to never tire of the cute paper pregnancy analogies, surmised that this is what's known as paper pregnancy 'Braxton-Hicks'.

Next stop....dossier!!!!!!!

5 comments:

MamaV said...

Woo, hooray! Does this mean that you were working with a non-Hague accredited home study agency?
Have fun on that dossier; we just started looking at it to get a head start.

Our Adoption Journey to Eastern Europe said...

Yay! For the 1800a, I just stuck it in a priority mail flat rate envelope and sent it on its way (no special binding needed). You can go in early to get your fingerprints dine in Alexandria, just have to wait for the appt letter to arrive.

Kate said...

Hi! That is wonderful!
I've had Penny in my prayers for 6 months or so and am ecstatic that she a family coming for her! I had put her picture up and my 3 yr old daughter has been praying for her right along with me.(Still up, in fact, and we are still praying for her) Well, the other day she came up to me and proudly handed me a letter that she had worked on so hard and told me she wanted to send it to Penny. I also would like to send you a check to help bring that sweet Penny home to you. Would you be willing to e-mail me your address? Don't worry, I'm not a creepy blog stalker or anything and won't do anything except send you an envelope!!!:)

Unknown said...

Yes, we used a non- Hague accredited agency here in Virginia, Forever Families Adoption Services of VA. (www.ffasva.org) They have been WONDERFUL to work with, I'd recommend them with no reservation whatsoever!
M. good to know on the fingerprints. I am hoping that we can go south rather than north. Alexandria (or any part of NOVA) in the morning during the week is fun like migraine! ;-)

Kate: Thank you so much! It is amazing, and humbling to know how many people are praying for our daughter. Thank you for praying for my child, and for being such an example of Godly mothering to your daughter! I am not sure that I am finding your email, but you are welcome to email me at mehuz {at} c o m c a s t {dot} n e t

anna said...

I am sure you have heard this but, if you can get a doctor to write a ltter explaining that penny needs to be in the us asap for health reasons you can request the uscis expedite your i-800 form. We did that and i think it helped alot!! We also included a cover letter with our son's age and weight and his location and a picture of him....it is a nice touch ;)