Thursday, June 13, 2013

Wish list....

We are safe, sound, with power, and frankly enjoying 20* cooler temps this evening. While north of us got rather walloped by the storm system that went through, we basically go a good, solid hour of high winds and some impressive lightening. And an inch of rain (usual & customary to storms here.)  The storm was much hyped (again, reasonably so parts north, and some parts of Richmond too) so we frantically took on getting stuff under cover and getting the front lawn mowed. Honestly, you about could of baled the stuff. ^_^ And it would have loved another weekend to grow, which is how long it will be before the place is dry & passable again. My mower, and my shoulders-not feeling the lawn love. Sheep (or fake field turf) would be brilliant, imo. 

Our paperwork...which has been in country for like, ever, was submitted this week. The excitement over this was promptly tempered by the fact that the B. government has undergone a total overhaul, and being a coalition sort of set up, is still getting various ministry/cabinet positions filled.  MOJ included (naturally, right?) If the local news feed is to be believed though, there is the possibility of appointments by week's end. THAT would be good news.

So that brings me to my no-specific-order wish list...

#5-a completely automated, no energy costs associated, laundry system that can handle MUD

#4-my cats to clue into the fact that dead vermin (particularly under my clothes line) is not my love language

#3-Friday to morph into some obscure, but recognized federal holiday...cause I'm tired, and did I mention, I'm behind on laundry??

#2-sleep.....more sleep......(zzzzzzz)

AND
#1-An email with our official trip referral.  :-D

In the meanwhile...y'all should mosey on over to the Blessing of Verity, if you haven't already, and check out the fun photos and videos of their trip to pick up Tommy.

3 comments:

~Stephanie said...

We lost power. (We ALWAYS lose power!!!)

But we have it back now. Praying! We really should coordinate at least a mommy coffee or yogurt date.. or Panera? Something!!!

Unknown said...

Ohhh, Panera :D You would not have to twist my arm hard. Glad you have the power on again. Trees down *near* us...but not here, it wasn't that much of a storm. There's like a weather bubble here ;)

Unknown said...

So glad I stopped on, Maureen. Your way of expression really awakens me, and of course so many chuckles along the way! I feel it has been awhile since I really conversed with either you or Paul on things, so this is good. Love, cathy vinson