Sunday, February 2, 2014

Catching up, picking up....

Poor little blog has been woefully neglected these last few months. Please forgive me. December was a month of end to end catastrophes and January really hasn't been much better, culminating with my mom going home to the Lord on 1/24.  She bravely fought leukemia, but ultimately the cure was as bad or worse than the illness itself. God was gracious though, He gave us 7 more months, AND Christmas with her, so much more than we expected. It was heartbreaking irony, however, that our call for our pick up dates came the same day as the call that she would not survive this latest setback. We celebrated her life and was loved on thoroughly by the church family I grew up with in PA the following Wednesday, and on Friday, Sarah, Laura, and I headed out for Sofia.

We arrived safe & sound, and got to meet Toni at the airport!!! I am slightly more jet lagged, but not totally beat (yet).  We'll see how I look at 0500 hours tomorrow morning (that's 4th quarter of the Super Bowl, for my east coast readership!) Because tomorrow is......


 

GOTCHA DAY!

No comments: