Monday, November 12, 2012

Apples, road trips, & BIG THINGS

Today, being a holiday for Mr. P., and a usual day off for me, we made our final run of the season up to the apple orchard, Dickie Brother's, which incidentally, is a VA century farm! U-pick (also known as: expensive fruit your kids have dropped 600 times before reaching the van) is over, but we were able to score some lovely end o'the season bushels. Apple crops weren't particularly spared in the NY/MI/WI regions, in keeping with a rather lousy year for most crops over most of the country. VA apples did rather well though. I've come to the conclusion that Nelson Co. might be among the prettiest in the state. :) From what I could see of it, at least, in between hanging my head from intolerable motion sickness...the road goes up and down, uuuupppp and doooowwwnnn,...and around a bend *blech*

Upon arrival & gulping in fresh air, letting the dog run, and convincing my children that while the road may be a 1.25 lanes wide pave cow path, you still are required to stop and look before crossing, my phone made an email chirp....

The paperwork has arrived. (The instructions might require a Ph.D. ^_^). Her profile's been moved to the My Family Found Me page...you are free to share.


OUR BIG NEWS

May I introduce you to Miss Penelope Joy "Penny":

Due to arrive sometime in 2013. Keep us in prayer to remained focused on the Lord and HIS timing. Pray for her protection. If you know where she is, and many of you do, please, don't refer to her location or country, for the sake of her privacy & the process. Many thanks in advance.

He loved me ere I knew Him... Means something entirely new tonight.




12 comments:

Our Adoption Journey to Eastern Europe said...

Beautiful Penny has the perfect family! Congratulations-so happy for you!

Jennifer said...

This makes my HEART SING! As someone who met her, you are truly blessed, as is she. So excited for your family!

MamaV said...

I have been praying for Penny for months! I am so glad that this beautiful little girl has a family coming to her!

Debbie Fitts said...

OH Maureen!!!! I just came over from Susanna's blog.
I am so, so happy to see your family is adopting Penny!!!! Oh how I have been praying for these children.
MY HEART IS SINGING!

Debbie
(debz @momys)

Steven and Brianna said...

I am so glad to hear these news! I also came here from the Blessing of Verity. I have not been able to forget Penny since I first saw her picture. She had a place close to my heart, and now I am praising God that she will have a FAMILY!!!

Sabrina said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for Penny and so happy for your family. What an amazing thing that God is doing!

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your latest blessing! Praying for Penny & your family..

Jen said...

Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you and for Penny!

kellym9999 said...

I am sooooo happy for you and sweet Penny. She has been heavy on my heart for a long time! I can't wait for her to get home to your amazing family

Kate said...

So thankful she will know love and family! Been praying for her and am so happy to hear the news! :)

Unknown said...

Thank you all so much!!!

Jennifer, I'd love to get more information about her, from your prospective. zingermama@gmail.com, thanks!

Lilyofthevalley - Tanya said...

I just read the news on Susanna's blog. Amazing and congrats!!!

I'll be praying for you this coming year as you work towards bringing Penny your new daughter home.

God bless you!