Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Updates & Questions

    Thank you to those who've already generously contributed to our ChipIn. Because I haven't quite achieved any level of techno-savvy, my account is on a 3 days to verify plan via PayPal, so no contributions will show up until then. But they are logged and be on the look out for a thank you note!

    The suburba-farm kitchen smelled lovely of baking potatoes, and after school time, I slogged through more of the ginormous personal history form. I quit when I realized I'd lost my mind. I deduced my largest marital concern might truly be PB slathered toast knifes left on my counter. J Not sure to what degree that would translate into a foreign language to begin with….and I'm reasonably convinced the MOJ would not be amused. Other questions were more thought provoking, and a couple just sad. How will we teach her of her culture? I don't know….teaching isn't so hard, but has she so much as set foot outside of the 4 walls of the orphanage in 12 years? By late afternoon I was ready to pitch the computer out the window, and in my best Wicked Witch of the West voice: And the little form too!

    And yet….God is merciful, and wise, and knows what we need, in advance.

    Upon exiting the house times 2, with 10# of baked potatoes and two missing coats for boys who think 40* is shirt sleeve weather, my phone went off in some sort of hammer texting frenzy. My brother, with a myriad of questions; What's wrong with her, exactly? How small?? (yes, you can read incredulous right through a text message.) Will she get better? All afternoon I had plodded through some variant of these on paper. And now I was ready, at least, to give an answer; an answer for hope. It's cerebral palsy….yes, less than Baby G weighs……..I don't know if she'll get better, we're just going to love her where she is.     

Lord, write these answers on my heart. Don't allow me to forget or to be discouraged. YOU have written her story. And YOU alone know what we both need….in advance.


 

 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you…
(1 Peter 3:15 KJV)


 

No comments: