Monday, May 13, 2013

Sweet news

In case you haven't seen it already, you should mosey on over to Patti's blog and welcome sweet baby Hayden!! Born on Mother's Day, gotta love that!

My mother's day, while not that^ exciting by any means, held some sweet, special news of its own.  That'll be shared at a later date. Mr. P. also created a wonderful shade shelter over the picnic area of our deck. I'll admit, as he tried to describe what it would look like too me, I was a bit suspect. But the actual finished product is outstanding. We enjoyed a picnic dinner (for me, snack for him, it was 9:45 at night) al fresco when I finally rolled home last night. I again jinxed myself by telling him at 4:30 that work was going really well, and there was no reason I could see that I shouldn't leave on time. I know better, really I do. 1 rapid response, 1 code (not the same one), 2 fever work ups, two ileus (es? iliei? what is that plural in Latin??) that are puking, two less chest tubes, two follow up x-rays, and one GI bleed. And a partridge in a pear tree. I was only a half hour late leaving, go me :-D I work with the best nursing staff. Bless their hearts, they were trying to ply me with 5 hour energy by 6 o'clock. I was too scared to try it, however ( 5 hour energy or Never....sleep...again....

So, latte cheers to hoping that Monday is slightly LESS productive!!! 



No comments: